Toddler Logic:

Welcome to my world...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mommy's Hair


Short hair is fun. Short hair is easy. However, I have some men in my life, who think that princesses only have long hair. Leif and I had this interaction regarding my hair as he was swinging on the swing set.

Leif: Mommy, how old will you be when I’m all grown up?
Me: Well, when you’re 20, I’ll be 49.
Leif: Okay, when you’re that old, you can have short hair.
Me: Oh, Leif, do you miss mommy’s long hair?
Leif (with tears starting to well up in his eyes): I do.








Leif (age 2)

And in order to understand this, you must know the
TALE OF THE “MOMMY HAIR”

Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Leifkin,
And when he was tired or a little afraid,
He would suck his thumb.
And at night, just before bed, he would ask his mommy
for one hair from her head.

He would take the hair, wrap it around his thumb
and clasp the rest in his fingers,
and would suck his thumb and go to sleep.

And, if that hair was not quite long enough
(like after his mommy got a haircut,
which he did not like in the least)
he would ask for a longer mommy hair.

And if he could find a stray hair for his other hand,
he would wrap it around his thumb, and clasp the rest in his fingers,
just in case he happened to turn in the night, and need to suck the other thumb.

Now that he is not such a little boy,
Leifkin no longer receives a mommy hair from his mommy.
But still, when he is sleepy, his thumb finds its way into his mouth.

The End.

1 comment: