Toddler Logic:

Welcome to my world...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Leif's vote

Leif fell on his face while trick-or-treating, so I kept him home on Thursday to rest and heal. I took him with me to the early voting place, and my mom stayed home with Owen. Leif didn't want to go; he wanted to stay home and climb trees and be wild with his split open chin.

We joined the snaking line just inside the church doors with an estimated 45 minute wait. Shortly thereafter, Leif got my phone and happily played Angry Birds while I steered him around in the line, that is, until we got into the next room where you fill out the paperwork. As we were being directed to our seats, the man informed us that we would have to put away the phone. Leif obeyed and sat somewhat patiently while I filled out my information.

Then we joined another line (without the phone), then we reached the computer to put in our vote. I let Leif do most of the touch screen, telling him which boxes to push, so when we got out to the car, I thought I should talk to him about voting.

I explained that we choose our leaders based on who we agree with more, and we're each able to vote for the person we want to be our leader.

Leif replied, "Did you vote for that guy that told us to put away the phone? Because I didn't agree with him."

2 comments: