Toddler Logic:

Welcome to my world...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Light Savers

Leif and his friend Will were playing together the other day. They were fighting with light-sabers, but calling them "light-savers". Sometimes Leif would even say "Life-saver". So, I decided to tell them the truth.
Me: "You know, they are actually called light sabers, not savers. Saber. (I over-pronounce the 'B') It's another word for sword."
Will: "No it's not." (not sure if he's fighting the definition of the word saber, or the whole concept of it being a light-saber)
Me: "It's like a saber-tooth tiger, have you heard of them? They have two big teeth that stick out of their mouths like swords."
Leif: "Do they SAVE people?"

At this point, I drop the subject altogether because I could see I was not getting anywhere with my little word lesson. I have given in and now refer to them as light-savers. It's a happy sounding mistake.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! At this point, I'd say whatever works, use it! They'll learn the difference eventually, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, maybe you could trade mark that and market it as a product that conserves energy. Don't know what the product would look like. Light savers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he calls them light savers, he's always using them to save imaginary princesses. Leif is big on saving people.

    ReplyDelete