Toddler Logic:

Welcome to my world...

Friday, August 19, 2011

Leif's prayers

Leif has learned the art of praying out loud anytime, anywhere, from Charles and me. It's just a habit. We thank God for good things, and in a crisis are praying out loud almost the entire time. (who better to talk to?) Leif has truly embraced talking to Jesus about everything. A few months ago in the car I told Leif I had lost my brain. I heard him imploring God to get me my brain back.

A bad habit I'm in is when changing the rabbit tray quickly (like when company is about to arrive) I throw (well, place) the dirty rabbit tray in the garage, shut the door and forget about it.

Gordy (the culprit)
Yesterday, we arrived home, and went through the garage to go inside. A dirty rabbit tray was laying near our path. I hear Leif say, "There’s a lot of rabbit poop there. Mommy, did you see all this rabbit poop? (and then, very serious) Jesus, why did you send us rabbit poop?”

I made sure I took the tray out and washed it.

2 comments:

  1. Prayer is a good habit to develop, I'll agree with you there. Leif continues to make me giggle and most of all smile at his view of the world. Toddler logic indeed!

    P.S. Gordy is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have the same reaction Leif does when I see the rabbit poop in the garage. Jesus, why did you send me this rabbit poop? But then I wonder if it was Him, or somebody else who left it there. And then I have to go clean it out, just like you do.

    ReplyDelete