Toddler Logic:

Welcome to my world...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

People Letters

I was laying awake one night with a problem on my mind. A mommy problem. A decorating problem. Leif wanted his name hanging in his room somewhere. When Leif was a baby, Charles and I had painted pottery letters for his room, but they kept falling, so we took them down and never replaced them. Just that afternoon, Leif had asked that we put his name back up on the wall. I thought of those letter pictures where they take parts of objects in black and white and form letters with shapes. (See picture to the right) But then I thought that wasn't personalized enough. So, I thought of cutting a matte in the shape of LEIF and putting pictures of Leif in the cut outs. Then I thought that the name LEIF has a lot of straight lines, and I bet Leif could form them with his body, if he had some help. So, we tried an L:

Then, we had his "best buddy" Will over and did the whole name:


And Will's whole name:


And then we improved on the idea by having the kids wear all one color and long-sleeves for Gwennan's name:


And Owen's name:


And then our family decided to make a Christmas card out of it:

And, I'm thinking that it might be a great business idea. The kids love it. It shows their physical ability and coordination and expressions at that particular age. I've even had a family who wants to come and do their last name together....so we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really great idea, and it looks good too! You've definitely got creativity :)

    ReplyDelete